UGN, a world class manufacturer of acoustic, interior trim, and thermal management products for the Japanese transplant automotive industry in North America, is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer to join our team in Tinley Park, Illinois.
The Senior Quality Engineer develops and maintains the quality system for new and revised products consistent with corporate quality policy. Actively participates on product and process development projects and programs (APQP process) as the quality representative from the quality function. Interfaces with Product Development, Account Management, Program Management, R & D, Tooling, and Manufacturing plants to provide technical support. The position will be based out of our headquarters in Tinley Park, Illinois.
- Develop and implement Advanced Quality Planning (APQP) for new products and current products.
- Participate in Design Reviews and follow up to assure key quality and functional requirements are properly defined and incorporated into proposed new designs and internal and external customer design changes.
- Responsible for providing manufacturing with appropriate information and documents to ensure a timely implementation of a new part or change. This is accomplished through activities with responsible individuals and departments to ensure quality procedures, instructions, controls and checking fixtures are verified to scheduled production trials of new or changed parts.
- Develop, approve and submit Initial Sample Reports, PPAP, IPPAR, PA, Prototype documentation, and Pre-production documentation. Participate on all customer trial to assure that customer requirements are achieved.
- Provide support and feedback to producing entities in the development and the creation of prototype activities, pre-production qualification runs to assure that all critical, significant characteristics and quality control processes are identified and carried out according to new or existing specifications and procedures.
- Assure that Poke-Yoke devices are implemented, Genchi-Genbutsu concepts utilized, Problem Solving and Best Manufacturing Practices are used where applicable.
- Participate in the development of FMEAs and Control Plans for the introduction of new products and programs, ensuring that specific customer and internal requirements are reflected in these documents.
- Review and confirm that proper statistical techniques have been used to evaluate the results of Prototype, Pre-production runs and PA/PPAP submissions. Make the necessary recommendations and changes to specifications and procedures in accordance with the results obtained. (ECRs,Design Changes, ECIs, RFCs)
- Design, review, and approve and make recommendations for new inspection methods and equipment to assure that new product characteristics are properly measured and assessed. (Gage Concepts)
- Assure that new and current customer quality requirements are properly communicated, understood and documented in the Quality system, Drawings, ECIs, Data Sheets, Inspection Reports, FMEAs and Control Plans.
- Assure that all Prototype, Pre-production and Customer Return (Warranty) quality issues are identified and tracked using the concepts of Lessons Learned.
- Participate in Supplier Development activities and ensure supplier prototype issues are addressed and resolved timely. Review suppliers PPAPs and request revisions when necessary.
- Support and participate in the development of quality system procedures. May perform internal and external auditing of these procedures as a member of Kaizan or Audit team.
- Assure that customer quality requirements for new program/design changes are delivered on time per customer schedule.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with customer quality representatives throughout the product life cycle to understand and delivery quality requirements. In addition to present problem resolution to potential quality issues during program launch phase.
- Support and participate in the development of quality engineers.
- Responsible to coordinate all the activities to obtain China Certifications (CCC) when required by the customer.
- Bachelor degree (B.S.) in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering from four-year accredited college or university.
- Five plus years related experience and/or training, preferably in the automotive industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of PPAP, FMEA, PA, ECI, and Control Plans.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate meetings and follow-up on activities.
- Ability to solve problems and assign probable causes, appropriate countermeasures.
- Good writing skills for effective e-mail communication and accurate, legible completion of technical documentation.
- Experience in quality working with Japanese auto manufacturers.
- Preferred experience with automotive product launch process.
- Preferred experience with China Certification (CCC).
- Time management skills including setting priorities and working with multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel (approximately 40%).
To apply, please email your resume to Lisa Jurack at email@example.com